I am still out of town, so no sewing has been going on obviously. I also flew to Palm Beach about a week and a half ago for a fabulous week at the beach. Getting there due to Hurricane Isaac was quite the nightmare, but once we landed everything was smooth sailing. On our return flight home, we were given the oddest excuses I have ever heard as to why we were 3 hours delayed and there was no bad weather. First, they said the plane had been on the tarmac too long and was too hot to board, then we had a minor mechanical issue, which turned out to bee too big of an issue to fix. So, they found us another plane, a plane that a previous passenger had gotten sick on, so we had to wait for an employee to come in to clean up the plane! When we finally boarded I was beginning to question whether or nor we'd make it back to Omaha given that the lights on board kept flickering. The joys of flying!
Now, allow us to move on to more pleasant things, like sewing blogs and other miscellany to be found on the interwebs.
- First up is a blog that I just recently discovered, Brentwood Lane. According to the "About Me" section of their blog, it it written by three sisters who love vintage and love to sew. I can't wait to see more from them.
- Next in line is this post from Jilly Be Joyful about those every aggravating captcha things. I removed mine and haven't had a single spam comment.
- Third in line is another new to me blog, Tatulinka's Tales. She has cute sewing projects as well as great vintage images, including some great Ladies Home Journal scans.
- Next up is another blog, written by Smithsonian.com, that has great articles about fashion history. The article about nylon stockings is a must read, as well at the article about the role seamstresses played in designing the space suit donned by Neil Armstrong.
- Next, you must check out the Flickr stream of the user The Pie Shops. They have thousands upon thousands of images, including tons of vintage catalogs and magazines.
- I made this Cinnamon Roll Cake from a blog called Cooking Up North. Oh my word is it fabulous!
- Lastly, here is a link to my Pinterest boards. I love following others who like similar things, so leave me your link in the comments.
Have a great day readers!