Sunday, December 4, 2011

Vintage Clothing Haul of the Century

Hello dear readers! It's been a long time since we've seen each other. I make no apologies thought, as I spent 12 days in Nebraska seeing my favorite person in the whole wide world. Blogging and sewing have been the last things on my mind recently, that is, until I stumbled across the vintage clothing haul of the century over the weekend.

I had seen this estate sale listed before I left for Nebraska, but wrote it off as I was going to be out of town. When I returned to town, to my delight, they were having the sale for two more days, so my mom and I set off early Friday morning to get some goodies. All the clothing was 50% off, but they has originally been asking $32 for the suits, so nothing was terribly pricey but it wasn't cheap either. I pickled up a dress, jacket, and purse to be part of my Christmas present, as well as 4 pairs of shoes to sell on Etsy.

The lady running the sale said that clothing would be 75% off the next day. Hmm, 75% off I thought. So, you guessed it, I went back, sans mom this time, on Saturday. The sale was supposed to end at 2pm, by I was running late, and didn't arrive until 1:30sih. There was only a small handful of people there and lots of stuff still remained. So, I did was any good bargainer does, I asked if they were willing to make some deals. They were. Score! I nearly fainted when the lady told me she'd sell the suits for $2 and the dresses for 50 cents! I ran back to the clothing room and proceeded to make a pile of clothes as tall as myself. When it was all said and done I bought 45 suits, dresses, tops, and a purse. But, here is the best part....it only cost $46!!!!!!  She ended up giving me a price on the lot, and it averaged out to around $1 a piece!!! I'm still giddy and excited,can't you tell?

Some of it did fit, and some of it didn't, so there will be lots and lots of stuff listed in my Etsy shop soon. ( There are a few pairs of unworn vintage shoes already listed.) I will have tons of adorable 60s suit sets listed soon, and many of them still have the original price tags.

So, I thought I'd share some of my goodies with you dear readers. This will be broken up into two posts as there are so many pictures. ( Please excuse the terrible photos. I still have to iron everything and take better pictures in the natural light before anything even thinks of hitting the Etsy shop.)
















3 comments:

  1. Man I am always jealous of your loot! Show us more pictures! I want to see the shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I am in LOVE with your plaid coat with the blue lining - so cute! I also love the jacket on the bright green suit and your blue dress. You do always seem to find the best stuff. I tried thrifting out where I am, but never seem to find anything. Maybe that is why I spend the cash on sewing supplied instead...

    Anyway, great haul! Can't wait for more pictures.

    ReplyDelete