Saturday, December 24, 2011

Am I One of The Cool Seamstresses Now?

....Because I got a serger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness gracious, I am so incredibly excited! I have been hinting that I wanted a serger for months now, and my wish came true! Thanks mom!

I will have pictures soon since I plan on setting up tomorrow afternoon. I am crossing my fingers tat I can find a good Youtube tutorial on how to thread it, since I have never threaded a serger.

I also got a huge tin of vintage buttons from my aunt and a few more vintage buttons from my Grandma that had previously belonged to her mother.So much stuff to go through!

Now that I have a serger I have absolutely no excuses to not have a ton of finished objects to show your soon!

I hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Serger, I cannot wait until the holidays are through so I can play with mine and figure out just how it works, I know how to thread it :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new serger, they're so useful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo! Very exciting - I got one just about a month ago and I looooooooove it. Threading isn't so terribly bad - a bit time consuming, but not too difficult. Just use the instruction manual and you should be fine. Sounds like you are having a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a serger for Christmas too! What model did you get? Mine's the Brother 1034D that I see on so many other blogger's tables. It seemed daunting to learn about it and thread it for the first time, but really wasn't that bad at all. Now I'm just worried about adjusting the tension for different fabrics, etc. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete