Monday, January 2, 2012

Vintage Pattern Haul

Hello lovely readers! Yes, I have done it again. I bought more patterns. What can I say? I have no backbone when it comes to vintage patterns, especially when the majority of the patterns are my size. This haul is on the small size for my usual pattern hauls, containing only 24 patterns, all from the 70s. When I put these patterns away, it filled up my third Rubbermaid storage tote, and I have a cardboard box full too. ( This doesn't include any modern patterns either.) I can't help it, I just love patterns!


So, let's see the new goodies.



The dress on my left is my favorite one!








Well, there you have it, 24 more patterns. In serger news, I did try it out, but the thread got tangled up and I don't know how to thread it yet to fix it. ( It was already threaded in the box.) Hopefully, I will get it working soon and I will serge every piece of fabric scraps that I have.

5 comments:

  1. Rebecca, you absolutely have the best vintage pattern luck! I especially love that McCall's 3101 and Butterick 6329 - just adorable, both of them. I can't wait to see these all made up and looking fabulous on you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its seems we must be related, as I too have the same backbone weakness for collecting sewing patterns. Who can resist? What a great find you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love patterns? Just as much fun to collect as fabric, but they take up so much less space...

    As for the serger - do you have the manual? It should give detailed threading instructions, though when I first threaded mine I had problems getting the lower looper thread in the right spot. It will take a little practice, but I am sure you will be up and running in no time (unlike me, who stupidly serged over a pin that was hiding and broke the serger blade and have to wait for the mail to resume after a holiday weekend so I can get my replacement...).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I'm envious of your patterns! If you ever decide that you're just not a fan of Simplcity 5969, I'll gladly take it off your hands. :D

    Can't wait to see some of these made up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Butterick 4776 for a cute, light sundress!

    ReplyDelete