No, your eyes did not deceive you dear readers, I really have finished a sewing project! The jacket that I started way back in September of last year is not complete. All throughout the sewing process, I just couldn't decide if I liked this jacket or not. I had the lingering feeling that is was just too matronly for me, but in the end I really like my jacket, even if it is a bit of the extra conservative side.
Lets get to the details now:
Pattern: Butterick 5395 ( OOP now, but available on Butterick's website)
Size: I cut the 14 without any alterations
Outer Fabric: I believe it was some sort of poly blend suiting from Goodwill. $2
Lining Fabric: Crisp white taffeta lining from fabric .com. I think the piece was $3, but I also cut the lining for a skirt from it.
Notions: Four, 1" buttons and one package of bias tape (to finish the inside seams)
Directions: I found the directions to be really good for this pattern. I have never made, nor lined a jacket before, and the directions made it very doable.
Overall Conclusion: I am quite happy that I pressed forward with this jacket. I am considering making a bright red skirt to pair it with to make it a bit more youthful.