|I love those shoes!|
I made another "Lisette Passport Dress" from Simplicity 2209, which may just be my favorite pattern. If you haven't already, I seriously recommend that you pick up a copy and give it a whirl. It doesn't require massive yardage and can be "slapped" together rather quickly. ( Not that I'd ever slap something together. )
I must admit that I didn't follow the directions for this version whatsoever, in fact I didn't even remove them from the envelope. This fabric was free from my aunts stash. Yippee for free fabric!
What I did differently:
- I didn't have quite enough fabric, so I didn't cut the back bodice and skirt on the fold.
- I inserted a lapped zipper in the back, as opposed to the side. ( In my last version I omitted the zipper, but I have to evolve into contortionist mode to get it on.)
- I didn't use the neck facing, instead I used store bought bias tape.
- I constructed the back of the dress so I could set in the zipper flat, then I constructed the front of the dress.
- Pattern: Simplicity 2209
- Fabric: Hawaiian print quilter's cotton, free from my aunt's stash
- Notions: One package bias tape, one regular zipper
- Make again: Heck yes!
- Recommend to others: Absolutely!