Now, let's get to the fun part, the picture, before I enlighten you on a few more of the details.
I think that it turned out a bit plain, but I have a blue plaid jacket that I think it will work well under. Of course, this project wasn't without a few trials and tribulations. First, I am apparently a horrible sewing machine mother and don't feed my machine nearly enough. How do I know this? Well, my machine attempted to gobble up my fabric every time I tried to sew. It would get sucked down and then chewed on until I could yank it back out with all my might. ( My failure at sewing machine motherhood can also be attributed to the fact that my machine doesn't even have a name.)
Overall, this top was really easy to sew together and wasn't confusing in the slightest, even with the somewhat scarce directions. I did have to take in the side seams after I had sewn them together though because it was a bit too big, which was causing the underarms to gape open. The bust was a size 38 and I think that I should be making a 36. Also, this top calls for a zipper to be installed down the seam in the back. Since this is a knit I didn't really find that necessary so I opted to leave it out.. The only reason I can think of for needing a zipper in a knit is if you're still sporting a beehive hairdo and don't want to wiggle a top over your mountain of hair.
Here is a picture of the pattern
The envelope of this pattern certainly won't be winning any awards for artistic creativity, but it is a window into the past, albeit a small one. I don't know if I will be pulling out this pattern again, but if I do I think I will be using a fabric with a pattern or print of some sort so that it won't be plain looking.
Well, that is all for tonight. I am off to attempt to mend the maternal relationship between me and my sewing machine. Thanks for stopping by!