Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sewing Blogs: Spread the Love 4

Hello wonderful readers! Today I realized it had been quite a while since my last installment of "Sewing Blogs: Spread the Love". I have enjoyed writing the other three installments of my series, and hopefully I will be able to keep on track with my original plan of writing a post weekly. Based on my experience, those who write sewing blogs are generally quite warm and welcoming, as well as very willing to help out their fellow seamstresses when they find themselves in a sewing dilemma. Furthermore, everyone was so helpful when I started my blog, and many bloggers with significantly more established blogs than mine put me on their blogrolls. If it weren't for being listed on blogrolls, I doubt I would have as many followers as I do. Now, before you say anything, I don't honestly believe 72 is that large of a large number, but it is far more than I expected to have when I started this blog. I had never blogged before and didn't quite know what to expect, or how to gain followers, but I have been very pleasantly surprised. So, I said all of that to mean this, we all need to help out fellow bloggers in the sewing blog community.


So, lets get to the lovely things I have taken a fancy to in blog land.
  • Couture Allure shared some amazing swimsuit pictures from the 40s. ( Be sure to check out the jaw dropping shoes in one of the pics.)
  • Stevie, from BeeBee's Vintage Dress made a super cute skirt.
  • Forrest Nicole, from Presser Foot Propaganda, posts a weekly installment of "Wednesday Wants". This Wednesday, she featured an amazing dress and closet that I am so coveting. 
  • Justine, from Sew Country Chick, is giving away a copy of Butterick's infamous walkaway dress. Hop on over there and enter her giveaway. ( I won't be entering since I already have a copy.)
  • The Vintage Sheet Blog featured an article on making a maxi dress from a vintage sheet.
  • Kristine, from Just Keep Sewing, has a ingenious idea about storing buttons.
  • Esther, from Morning Star, made a black and white striped swimsuit that I would love to own.
  • If you like to bake I highly suggest this recipe for Red Velvet Whoopie Pies. I made them and they are decadent!
So, there you have it, just a small sampling of lovely things that can be found in blog land.

So, readers, if you blog, what did you post about this week? If you have a blog, or know of a blog I should be reading, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the button storage idea!!! Great BIG thank you for that link!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,
    I have just started out with a beginner's blog and it's so exciting but so scary at the same time! I'm just going to take it slow and easy and hope that people get something out of it! Happy to put you on my blog roll too! www.stitchandwitter.com

    ReplyDelete