I finished something! I finished something! I finished something! The apron that threatened to eat me alive yesterday has finally been tamed.
The pattern is Vogue 8643, which is a retro reprint featuring five different aprons from 1952. I made view D, which is the one in the top row in the middle. The fabric is a vintage bed sheet I picked up from Goodwill for $2. If I remember correctly I believe that the sheet was a full size, but I had very little waste as this pattern calls for 3 1/4 yards of fabric. I still have one more sheet with this exact same print, but I think it is destined to be used as fabric for a non-wearable muslin.
If you read my last post you will certainly remember my near breakdown over how confusing the directions are. I found them to be very sporadic and it was quite hard to follow along with the steps that you need for your particular view. Also, the directions for attaching the tie ends are crazy. If I made this particular apron again I will be inventing my own method. I have already cut out view C from my prized piece of vintage fabric, so hopefully I won't have as much trouble with those directions.
I love aprons, and this one is no exception. If you love aprons too, give this one a try, that is, if you can justify over 3 yards of fabric for an apron. Happy sewing and have a good night!