|I am impersonating the Leaning Tower of Pisa.|
|The front is a teeny bit longer than the back, but I can account for that when I hem it.|
Since all clothes need a name, I dubbed this skirt the periwinkle skies skirt. I have yet to decide if periwinkle skies sounds like the name of a child's song or a place you'd visit while on LSD.
Now, for the wonderful little details:
- Pattern: Butterick 4686 View C minus the recommended embellishment
- Fabric: A vintage bed sheet from an estate sale last year $2
- Notions: A standard white zipper from an estate auction last year ~$0.05
- Make again: Probably not this version, but I may make the pleated version
- My Personal Pattern Grade: B+
- I love how flowy the skirt is.
- I like the wide yoke/waistband.
- I wish the directions were a bit more clear on how to deal with the yoke/yoke facing and the zipper. Getting the zipper to go in smoothly was a bit tricky.
- I left off the suggested trim embellishment.
- Instead of slipstitching the yoke facing, I stitched in the ditch and hand sewed the edge of the yoke facing to the zipper tape.
- I didn't use a hook and eye simply because I put the zipper up a bit too high and didn't have room for one.