Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pencil Skirt Progress

Yesterday, I decided that I was going to work on my skirt, and I did, for all of about 30 minutes. However, I have plans to devote much more time too it today and hopefully get a few steps completed. Yesterday I marked the darts using a pencil, but it is really hard to see on my navy blue fabric. Chalk is most certainly something that I need to acquire asap. I have yet to put a single stitch of thread into the skirt though. Since my goal is to master the basics I want to make sure that I read my reference books and do any online research that I may need to do before I put the (sewing machine) pedal to the metal. Doing this, however, is a complete 180 from my usual method of throwing caution, and the directions, to the wind. Today I hope to get at least a few steps completed. The first step instructs you to reinforce the back slit using seam binding,but the only seam binding I own is about triple my age so I have to make sure it isn't dry rotted before I sew it onto my skirt. 

Now, onto some non-monotonous things. Since deciding that a pencil skirt would be my first real project I have been perusing various clothing sites and looking at what types, and the price, of pencil skirts they offer.. As soon as I figure out exactly how to insert click-able pictures into blogger I will share them with you. I am thinking that I might be able to create sets on Polyvore and then show you the pieces that way? My generation is supposed to be born with knowledge of all things technology, but for some reason I am have serious troubles with this. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment